Li, Lin, Associate Professor
From 1997 to 2001, Lin Li studied biochemistry at Shandong University where she received her B.A. in Biochemistry in 2001. She obtained her Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology in 2006 at Fudan University. From 2007 to 2012, she was a post-doctoral fellow in Joanne Chory’s lab in Salk Institute for Biology Studies. Since 2013, she becomes a principal investigator of Fudan University and studies the light signaling transduction in plant.
Dr. Li is interested in understanding the physiological and molecular photo biological processes that underpin shoot phenotypic plasticity at high plant densities. Plants display a series of growth responses to nearby neighbors, called shade avoidance, which happens in the whole life of plants, from young seedlings to adults. Li’s group tries to explain the light signaling transduction, the phenotype of shade avoidance and epigenetic regulation in shade avoidance.
2014, Shanghai Pujiang Program
- Huang X, Zhang Q, Jiang Y, Yang C, Wang Q, Li L*. (2018 )Shade-induced nuclear localization of PIF7 is regulated by phosphorylation and 14-3-3 proteins in Arabidopsis. eLife. Jun 21;7. pii: e31636. doi: 10.7554/eLife.31636
- Yang C, Xie F, Jiang Y, Li Z, Huang X, Li L*. (2018) Phytochrome A Negatively Regulates the Shade Avoidance Response by Increasing Auxin/Indole Acidic Acid Protein Stability. Dev Cell. 44(1):29-41.
- Song Y, Jiang Y, Kuai B, Li L*. ( 2018) CIRCADIAN CLOCK-ASSOCIATED 1 Inhibits Leaf Senescence in Arabidopsis. Front Plant Sci. 9:280.
- Peng M, Li Z, Zhou N, Ma M, Jiang Y, Dong A, Shen WH*, Li L*. (2018) Linking PHYTOCHROME-INTERACTING FACTOR to histone modification in plant shade avoidance. Plant Physiol. 176(2):1341-1351.
- Song Y, Li L*. (2018) Methods to Study Darkness-Induced Leaf Senescence. Methods Mol Biol. 1744:135-140.
- Yang C, Li L*. (2017) Hormonal Regulation in Shade Avoidance. Front Plant Sci. 4(8):1527.
- Liu H, Yang C, Li L*. (2016) Shade-induced stem elongation in rice seedlings: Implication of tissue-specific phytohormone regulation. J Integr Plant Biol. 58(7):614-7.
- Song Y, Yang C, Gao S, Zhang W, Li L*, Kuai B*. (2014) Age-Triggered and Dark-Induced Leaf Senescence Require the bHLH Transcription Factors PIF3, 4 and 5. Mol Plant. 7(12):1776-87.
- Li L*, Zhang Q, Pedmale UV, Nito K, Fu W, Lin L, Hazen SP, Chory J. (2014) PIL1 Participates in a Negative Feedback Loop that Regulates Its Own Gene Expression in Response to Shade. Mol Plant. 7(10):1582-5.
- Li L, Ljung K, Breton G, Schmitz R, Pruneda-Paz J, Cowing-Zitron C, Cole J, Ivans L, Pedmale U, Jung H, Ecker J, Kay S, Chory J. (2012) Linking photoreceptor excitation to changes in plant architecture. Genes & Development. 26 (8): 785-90.